24 Sep The Best Time to Post on Social Media in 2019
The best time to post is when your customers are online.
You want to get the most eyes possible on your content and maximise engagement by knowing the best times to post on social networks.
One of the main things to consider, depending on your audience you might need to think about different timezones. Ideally, you want to reach the majority of time zones without sending the same message. Aim to send no more than four of the same message in a single day, but scatter them at different times to reach as many time zones as possible.
The team at Oberlo have put together some infographics to illustrate the best times to be posting on social media to maximise engagement.
When to Post on Instagram?
Having recently grown to one billion monthly active users, and a median 1.60% engagement rate per post, Instagram is definitely on the rise in the social space.
If you’re marketing or selling on Instagram, the best time to post is during lunch (11 a.m. to 1 p.m.) and the evening, after work (7 p.m. to 9 p.m.). Most Instagrammers log in via mobile, so they tend to avoid browsing during work hours.
- The best days to post on Instagram are Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. Sunday is the worst day to post on Instagram, though the best time to post on Instagram on Saturday is 5 p.m.
- Wednesdays get the highest level of engagement on Instagram.
When to Post on Facebook?
Facebook has over two billion active users, making it the most populated platform by far. The changes in the algorithm in the last couple of years have emphasized friends, family and meaningful connection, so content that drives genuine engagement is your best bet.
For maximum exposure, the best time to post on your Facebook business page during the week is between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. That’s likely because many Facebook users browse on their desktops and check it during downtime at work. The single best time to post on Facebook on a Sunday at 3 p.m.
- The best days to post on Facebook are Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Tuesday is the worst day to post on Facebook.
- Weekends get the highest level of engagement on Facebook.
When Is the Best Time to Post on Linkedin?
The best time to post on LinkedIn is between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. LinkedIn is a professional social network used by recruiters, salespeople, and business people which is why it’s often used during work hours.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday tend to be the best days to post on LinkedIn.
- Weekends and after work hours tend to be the worst times to post on LinkedIn for engagement and visibility.
When to Post on Twitter?
The best time to post on Twitter for your business is during the lunch hour of 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. Scheduling posts just before lunch works well too.
- Workdays tend to get the highest level of engagement on Twitter. Posting at lunch every day Monday to Friday can help you increase social media engagement.
- Wednesday is the best day to post on Twitter. Weekends are the worst days to post on Twitter.
When is the Best Time to Post on Pinterest?
The best time to post on Pinterest tends to be between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m. Mothers tend to use Pinterest actively which may be why they tend to post later in the evening.
- Saturdays tend to be by far the best day to post on Pinterest. Sundays work well too.
- Work hours tend to be less popular for Pinterest users. Posting during those times may result in less engagement.
When is the Best Time to Publish Videos on YouTube?
The best time to post on YouTube tends to be early afternoon between 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. That’s because most viewers watch videos in the evening, so you’ll want to have your videos indexed by then.
- Thursdays and Fridays tend to be the best days to post on YouTube.
- Most viewers watch YouTube on the weekend so feel free to post on Saturdays and Sundays in the early morning around 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
Social Media Management Tools
With these tools you can easily manage, post and schedule across all chanels through one platform.
Summary of the Best Time to Post on Social Media in 2019
Regularly monitoring and reviewing your social media engagement and analyzing your social data can help you deterime the best times to post on social media. Above is a guide however each timezone, industry and brand is different so testing and monitoring will be the best way to acheive the best results.
As your follower count grows, you might notice that your audience engages with you at different times. Each social media platform also regularly changes their algorithms, so you need to stay on top of these changes.